Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Black and Gold


We're still getting the hang of taking outfit pictures.  As novice photographers, we are learning about lighting, depth of focus, and all those fancy options on our Canon dSLRs.  As subjects, we are trying to get over feeling awkward and embarrassed in front of the lens -- don't know if that will ever go away.




Peplum sweater: Ann Taylor Loft. Brocade skinny jeans: Forever21 (similar here and here). Necklace and Bracelet: J. Crew. Shoes: YSL.


My favorite dish from our double date to Superba Snack Bar in Venice -- the cauliflower T-bone topped with orange & olive pistou and drizzled in a parsley puree.  Veggies never tasted so good!

10 comments:

  1. Loooove the pants! You are making them WERK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are SO fabulous, and I love love love those chunky heels!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! And those pants are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha, I've been blogging for about 10 months and the awkwardness still hasn't gone away! You look gorgeous! Those pants fit you perfectly. Found your blog through Sandy, and I'm looking forward to following along. Great start!!

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your simple black top with peplum detail paired with fun pants! So elegant. The shoes are haute! Tks to Sandy for introducing your blog to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pants! They look haute fashion on you, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! Those brocade pants look gorgeous on you, and of course, the YSL heels are fabulous.

    I totally hear you on the awkwardness. I really like the idea of starting a fashion blog to track what I'm wearing and to join the awesome community, but I feel so dorky taking photos of myself or asking my SO to take photos of me. I guess I'll stick to travel and food blogging for now!

    PS: I just scrolled back up to reread the post - I can't believe those are F21 pants! You pull them off so wonderfully; they totally look more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We stopped by your blog and am loving all of the gorgeous food and travel pics. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures...and perhaps a few outfits!

      Delete
    2. All right, you gave me the extra nudge I needed! I'm [hopefully] putting my outfits up here: http://LAeclectic.blogspot.com

      Delete

Blogging tips