Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Yellow Ostrich and Mirrored Wedges



I've always been drawn to sunny yellow.  It was my favorite color from the ages of 5 to 10.  In elementary school, I used to cut up lemons and eat them straight up.  I even had a gray and yellow themed wedding.  This oversized clutch was a natural purchase, with its simple shape, the ostrich embossed leather, and of course, the perky color.  It gets bonus points too for having a gold chain strap for tossing over the shoulder when my hands are tied.  

These mirrored silver wedge shoes were my favorite purchase from the Decades shoe sale a couple months back.  They are by far the most wearable of three pairs I purchased, and I've already worn them a couple times a week.  The low wedge makes them super comfy, and I love the gleam they give off with every step. 







 Sweater: Anthropologie 'Glimmered Pointelle Pullover' (love this chevron option here). Jeans: Current/Elliott (similar here).  
Yellow clutch: Kate Spade 'Post Street Madison' (blue option here).  
Mirrored wedges: Christian Louboutin (similar here and here).  
Bracelets: Anthropologie and Vita Fede.  Necklace: old (similar here).


3 comments:

  1. i need a pair of mirrored shoes!! love this look, cute clutch too!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the light wash of these jeans! Admittedly, I have nothing like them–I've always been a bit "afraid" of jeans in that color because I think my legs look big in them, but you've inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips