Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Confetti Skirt and Split-back Sweater




I found this skirt while I ventured out thrift shopping for furniture this past weekend with my mom.  I love the confetti-esque faux leather pieces that flutter in the wind.  I also made out with a large framed mirror for my powder room that I'll likely end up restaining during a future DIY project.  I ended up pairing the skirt with a mint green open-backed sweater in a color combination that was reminiscent of this outfit post from a little bit ago.  This time around I swapped out the ivory leather tank for an ivory (p)leather skirt and kept the outfit more casual with some low wedges. 







 

Mint green split-back sweater: Club Monaco 'Jocelyn' sweater.  Ivory faux-leather confetti skirt: Zara.  Mirrored wedges: Christian Louboutin.  Handbag: J.Crew Edie in dusty rose.  Rings: from random places.  Necklace: Anthropologie 'Ines' necklace.












5 comments:

  1. I love your sense of style - it's very inspiring. Also inspiring is your and Carolyn's ability to balance your life and career and make it look so effortless! I am going through a rough patch in my medical training right now, so it's nice to see that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers to having it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the sweet words! There were definitely days when I wondered why I didn't have an "easier" career. I think it's only natural to get frustrated when you're studying for 10+ hours a day and working overnight calls. I would by no means call my life effortless, as balancing life and career is no cake walk. But hang in there! It's such a gratifying, challenging field in the end!

      <3 sarah

      Delete
  2. This skirt is adorable! And how fun is the back of the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look from head to toe! The colors are so soft and romantic! And the detail on that skirt is amazing. It's such a unique piece!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips