Sunday, August 25, 2013

Melting in Rome

 

By the time we got to Rome, I threw fashion out the window and focused on staying cool and comfortable.  The sheen of sweat on my face was a constant presence and I was grateful to have packed my trusty hat to shield my scalp and face from the blazing sun.  Makeup consisted of sunscreen, I resorted to a bun or braid for hairstyles, and my main accessory was a bottle of water. 

While we stayed in hotels and resorts during our travels through Provence and the Cote d'Azur, we rented apartments in Paris and Rome.  Our Rome apartment was conveniently located just a few blocks south of the Piazza di Spagna and its central location made it easy to explore the city by foot.  We walked to the Villa Borghese and Piazza del Popolo, the Colosseum, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, the Trastavere neighborhood, and Vatican City but it was the sights along the way that I really cherished.  Walking around the city also made me feel a little less guilty about all of the pizza, pasta and gluttonous amounts of gelato I was consuming with reckless abandon.

This is the last post from my Europe trip.  It's been fun reliving it through weekly posts.  Back to the real life now...


Any other Roman Holiday fans out there???



Dress: James Perse (similar here). Silver sandals: Rebecca Minkoff 'Bettina'. Hat: Target (old). Sunglasses: Chloe.

1 comment:

  1. Black is a suitable color for Rome,mmm. I saw your post for Paris, too :P

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips