Monday, December 23, 2013

One Outfit Three Ways


Our weekends usually fill up pretty fast, so social engagements inevitably fall to weeknights.  With an unpredictable work schedule, I never know if I'll get off in time to go home and change.  As a solution, I've started to look for work pieces that I can easily dress up or down with just some quick styling.  When I was brainstorming for this post, I pulled out this exact outfit, but all in black.  While it was a safe option, it is no revelation that black goes with everything and it left me feeling completely uninspired.  I was staring at my closet in despair when I realized that I could just recreate the look with monochromatic pieces and suddenly it was much more interesting to me.  I happened to have everything in this plum wine color but this could work in virtually any color.  

This post is a great example of how simple styling can completely change the look of an outfit.  Whether it be a casual dinner or a work-related social event, I can be ready with just a quick change in the car.

I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with the lovely Vero of Vero Suh Photography.  We had planned a double date with the hubbies and managed to squeeze in some pictures beforehand.  Having my creative and incredibly talented friend behind the lens made taking outfit pictures a really fun experience, instead of the usual awkward posing and feelings of self-consciousness.  Mr. J was also appreciative to be relieved of photographer duties!

Daytime Work



Peplum sweater: Ann Taylor (old). Silk cherry-print blouse: Equipment (old). Wool tapered slacks: J. Crew 'Minnie'.  
Trench coat: Burberry 'Buckingham'. Necklace: J. Crew (old). Leopard print flats: Madewell.
Leopard print heels: J. Crew (borrowed from Vero).

Weeknight Casual

Cargo jacket with leather sleeves: Zara (old) (similar here). Leopard-print scarf: from Rimo (old). 
Over the knee boots: Stuart Weitzman '5050'.

Weeknight Formal

White blazer: Zara (old). Pearl necklace: gift. Jeweled drop earrings: Banana Republic (old). 
Purse: Chanel Medium Classic Flap Bag in Black Caviar. 
Nude pumps: Christian Louboutin. Bracelets: Hermes and J. Crew.

All photography thanks to Vero Suh

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh i LOVE how you styled this 3 ways and the pictures are amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Especially the white blazer - obsessed with white blazers this year. xo

    www.the-glitter-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I love the photos. Also really like the idea of making my work wardrobe more versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips