Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Week in Paradise


Aloha!  Mr. J and I just returned from a week of rest and relaxation in Maui.  This was my first trip to Hawaii and I am hooked.  From California, it is such an easily accessible paradise and I am already planning a return trip.  I had booked this trip many months ago on an impulse and then felt guilty about it.  But with Mr. J and I both reaching our breaking points at work, this vacation was a much needed escape and it could not have come at a better time.

Normally with trips, I'm still "on the go" - always wanting to make sure I'm seeing and experiencing as much as I can.  As a perpetual planner, I usually research as much as I can about each destination and map out an itinerary to maximize my time.  This was probably my least researched vacation ever.  Other than the essentials (transportation and shelter), I had planned absolutely nothing.  Mr. J and I packed last minute, made a pact to disconnect from work, and hopped a plane.  For the first time in a long time, I simply enjoyed being in the present and it was glorious.



 White dress: Zara. Gold heeled sandals: Zara. Gold bangles: Stella and Dot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips