Thursday, February 20, 2014

Subtle Pattern Mixing at 23 Weeks

Dr. S and I had a casual date night out in Santa Monica at Mercado about a month ago (yes, I'm super behind with blogging!).  Seeing the hectic schedule of my friends with kids, I knew that these spontaneous date nights were going to be pretty few and far between once baby bear made her appearance.  I wore this same outfit to work earlier in the day, and just swapped out my flats for some heels.  And luckily my feet haven't swollen too much and I could still fit into them!

With regards to maternity wear, I tried to extend some of my old clothing as much as possible.  Most of my looser tops fit me well into my second trimester.  As for pants, I pretty much gave into purchasing maternity pants around the 20 week mark.  I would still be able to wear my regular pants unzipped with a Bellaband around half the time.  For those pregnant women who are just starting to show, I would highly recommend a Bellaband!  I just got one in black, which I thought was the most versatile color.  In general, I felt bad spending a ton of money on maternity clothing I would only wear for a few months.  These pants were a great deal at Old Navy as they were on sale for under $20! 

 




Striped shirt: Madewell (from their Fall collection, but similar here).  Maternity pants: Old Navy 'The Pixie' in Black Dots (another pattern here).  Purple suede heels: Christian Louboutin (last seen here).  Handbag: Longchamp 'Le Pliage Cuir' in Medium.  Necklace: Forever21.  Ring: Madewell 'Stencil' ring.


1 comment:

  1. your bump is barely there!!! you are tooo cute! i LOVE those shoes, so hot!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips