Sunday, March 30, 2014

Work Outfit Series: Under My White Coat #5 (Maternity Edition, 31 Weeks)


It's hard enough finding comfy yet non-frumpy clothes for work.  Throw in a full-on baby bump and you have got your work cut out for you!  At 31 weeks pregnant, there was NO hiding this bump, even beneath an oversized white coat.  Prior to being pregnant, I can't remember the last time I bought anything ruched.  Turns out, it's more flattering for the bump, and it allows you to keep wearing clothes even as your bump grows.  Another fact about maternity clothing: horizontal stripes are also flattering! 

I bought a couple of these simple striped knee-length dresses (with side ruching!) from Old Navy early in my second trimester.  They're perfect for dressing up with heels (back during my second trimester) or with leggings and boots (during chillier weather) or on their own with some flats.    


 




Striped side-shirred jersey dress: Old Navy (spring short-sleeved version here).  Leopard flats: Madewell.  Necklace: Anthropologie (old).  Black handbag: Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir in Medium.




1 comment:

Blogging tips