Thursday, July 31, 2014

Date Night Shift Dress


A couple weekends ago, Mr. J and I headed out for a date night, which will surely become scarce once baby arrives.  Even though we live closer to San Jose, we hardly ever go downtown and usually opt to head up to San Francisco.  But with Jersey Boys touring at the Center for the Performing Arts in San Jose, we headed south for dinner and a show.  We're really trying to cherish our last few months alone before our world gets turned upside down.

The first trimester was all about hiding the pregnancy.  While probably imperceivable to most, the early changes in my body were very frustrating for me, especially when trying to get dressed in the mornings.  My closet is filled with tailored pieces that are more fitted and waist-defining.  While there was no bump, my waistline was definitely expanding and everything was becoming a bit too snug.  For weeks, I was envious of Sarah's more bohemian style and closet full of flowy tops!  Fortunately, I was able to get by with the rubber band trick, wearing my silk button down shirts untucked, and accessorizing with big necklaces to draw attention away from the untucked hem.  Reluctant to purchase too much maternity-wear early on, I also invested in some inexpensive shift dresses in a size larger than I normally wear since it may also be a while before I can squeeze myself back into my usual wardrobe postpartum.  I'm hoping these will buy me some time while I find more sartorial solutions to dress this exponentially growing bump!




Color block shift dress: ASOS. Blazer: Zara (old). Gold-heeled sandals: Zara (old). Bag: Fendi 'Petit 2Jours'
Bracelet: Sarah Chloe. Necklace: very old from a boutique in Chicago.

1 comment:

Blogging tips