Thursday, November 20, 2014

Simple Fall Separates


The little baby bear is now 6 months (!!) old but I'm still either breastfeeding or pumping every 4 hours or so.  As I mentioned in my last couple posts, the frequent feeds create some slight fashion hiccups.  You can imagine that hoisting up a shift dress is not an ideal way to breastfeed a wriggly baby.  Therefore, my wardrobe consists mostly of separates.  Nursing camisoles allow for more wardrobe flexibility as you can throw over a shirt/sweater/cardigan.  Once it comes time to nurse, you just take off your top layer, and then pull down part of the tank top, leaving your belly still covered.  My favorite nursing tank top is from Undercover Mama and can be attached to any nursing bra.  It's not as wide at the bottom as the Target or Bravado ones, so it's a bit better for when you are a few months out and want to suck everything in.

 



Green knit cardigan: Theory.  Nursing tank: Undercover Mama.  Jeans: J Brand 'Maria' in Black Luxe Sateen.  Patent leather slingbacks: Manolo Blahnik.  Earrings: H&M.  
Handbag: Fendi 2Jours Medium Tote in 'Dove.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I love your shoes. Did your feet change size at all after your pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was pregnant, my shoe size went up a half size (from an 8 to an 8.5). Luckily, I didn't have to buy a whole new set of shoes since even pre-pregnancy I bought 8.5's in flats and would use these Dr. Scholls's inserts (http://www.drscholls.com/productsandbrands/Products/doubleairpilloregimproved/index.aspx) for extra comfort. After giving birth they stayed large for about 2-3 months, but are now back to pre-pregnancy size.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips