Friday, May 6, 2016

Gilded Natural Baby Shower for Jen


I helped throw a baby shower for my good friend Jen (remember her bridal shower?) recentlyWe piled into a private room at Zinc Cafe and Market, a restaurant I had actually never been to but had been dying to try.  I'm not really into vegetarian food but the food was seriously so delicious and so fresh.  That avocado toast...drooool.  

Having the event at a restaurant made party planning SO much easier.  Less slaving in the kitchen means more time to actually enjoy the party!  We could concentrate our efforts on the decorative elements like the florals and the dessert display.  Early morning trips to the LA Flower Market can be a bit stressful, but it's so gratifying to put together your own florals.  We always go in with a general game plan, but end up being surprised with what we find.  This time we found these gorgeous, open, blush pink dahlias.  I also happily used this party as an opportunity to trim down my mom's way overgrown succulent container as part of the party decor.  I've been obsessed with succulents ever since my wedding (has it really been 6 years??), and my obsession hasn't waned.    

Jen is actually due the week before me, and I feel blessed to be able to go through this pregnancy with her!  We enjoy commiserating about pregnancy woes such as pelvic pressure and shoulder pain from sleeping on our sides.  And I already know that having each other's support will be crucial during the newborn months when we are up all night on nursing/diaper duty.  I can't wait for our kids to start playing with each other! 







Avocado Toast!

Asparagus sandwich with cauliflower puree, poached egg, and toasted breadcrumbs

Chef's salad with lemon dressing

Gold spray painted alphabet blocks

Vintage baby books


I was obsessed with finding a cloche!

Confetti geronimo balloons with fringed streamers
 


Albanese pink grapefruit gummi bear favors (the BEST flavor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips